About Main Street Area Association
Main Street area is in the heart of downtown Ann Arbor and the Main Street Area Association (MSAA) is a nonprofit organization made up local businesses dedicated to keeping our neighborhood strong and vital. We work together to create visibility and improve the Main Street area in many ways, including:
- Advocating for safe and convenient parking
- Assisting in downtown planning and development
- Encouraging uniform business hours
- Supporting police foot patrols for neighborhood safety
- Beautifying and improving downtown landscape
- Planting and maintaining flower beds
- Maintaining communication between municipal entities and businesses
- Working with city officials and staff regarding services
Members of MSAA include area restaurants, banks, real estate, attorneys, retail and service businesses, as well as public and private organizations. Our goal is to preserve Main Street area’s rich history while building a prosperous and inviting business environment that will ensure a dynamic future.
We’re proud of the Main Street area neighborhood and we extend an invitation to you to be a part of “The Best Main Street in Michigan”.
MSAA Mission Statement:
Main Street Area Association is a membership based association of local businesses, organizations and individuals committed to the long term success and vitality of Downtown Ann Arbor.